We are almost in Halloween, and although the weather is still warm it’s time to start preparing some comfort soups recipes.
Today I tried a new recipe, and I really enjoyed with my family and this is mainly the reason that I want to share with you.
Butternut squash is one of the most common varieties of winter squash, with a hard exterior and firm flesh is chock full of vitamin A, potassium and fiber.
According to some nutritional studies, one cup of cooked butternut squash contains 82 calories, 0 grams fat, 22 grams of carbohydrate(6.6 g. fiber) and .8 g of protein.
Butternut squash is an excellent source of potassium, more than a banana(582milligrams/cup).
The ingredients that you will need for this recipe are:
- 4 oz butternut squash peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 medium potatoes cubed
- 500 ml water or vegetable stock
- 3 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices iberico ham
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Sautee leek with olive oil for some minutes.
- Add butternut squash and cook until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes and pour the water or the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese in cubes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a saucepan and cook iberico slices for some minutes until crunchy.
- Serve the soup in small bowls and garnish with iberico ham on top.