You can enjoy the vichyssoise in two ways, cold or hot. At home we enjoy the vichyssoise at room temperature and normally the next day, as their creators to present this recipe, cold and with well-established flavors were responsible. The vichyssoise is perfect for parties, you can do it the day before and then, server in small individual cups.
- 3 Leek bulb only
- 250 grams potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1.5 oz butter
- 1.5 oz olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Pick of Jamon Serrano and spring onion
- In a large stock pot melt butter with olive oil over low heat. Add leek, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, water and season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil, reduce heat cover pot and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender. (Puree until completely smooth) If you want you can add more water.
- Allow to cool a bit, stir in the evaporate milk and nutmeg and mix.
- Garnish with chopped Jamon Serrano and spring onion.
- Whole Bone-In Hams
- Whole Boneless Ham
- Gifts & Samplers
- More from Spain
- Other Products