This is an elegant appetizer that you can put together in just a few minutes with only 3 ingredients. Figs are high in fiber and a good source of several essential minerals, including magnesium, manganese, calcium, copper, and potassium (which helps lower blood pressure), as well as vitamins, principally K and B6.
Serves 4 persons
- 4 Figs
- 2oz Iberico Cheese
- 4 Slices of Serrano Ham o Iberico Ham
- Trim top hard stalk off the fig and cut a cross down to the midpoint of the fig. Press at the base of the fig at 4 points towards the centre so the top slits you made, open up.
- Cut the cheese into chunks, divide between the figs with about 1/2tsp of the cheese.
- Fold each Serrano slice and place it onto each fig.
- Enjoy this absolutely amazing appetizer.