- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 splash Picualia Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150 grams Mild Spanish Chorizo
- 2 handfuls spinach, generous
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Chop the onion and garlic and saute in a frying pan in a glug of olive oil until soft and fragrant.
- Dice the chorizo into chickpea-sized chunks and add to the pan.
- Saute everything together until the orangy paprika oils run from the chorizo.
- Add the spinach and keep stirring until it wilts and everything starts to meld together in the pan.
- Whisk together eggs and add salt. Pour over vegetable mixture in skillet and stir gently to incorporate the eggs into the whole mixture, then allow to set over a medium heat. Cook 2 minutes or until edges begin to set.
- Preheat the grill then slide the whole pan under the grill to set the top of the fritatta, it will only take a minute or two to become light gold and puffy.
- Run a heatproof spatula around edges of frittata to loosen, then slide onto a plate. Allow to cool slightly before slicing into canape sized cubes or wedges. Serve hot or room temperature as a tapas or with a salad.