This is a simple hamburger, elevated into something that goes beyond “gourmet”, and is the result of high quality ingredients arrange in a way that brings pleasure to whoever taste it.
I have created a burger featuring two of my absolute favorite tapas staples, Iberico ham and Manchego cheese … Wow factor!
Serves 4 burgers
- 1/2 pound organic ground pork
- 1/2 pound organic ground beef
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 Manchego cheese slices
- 4 Iberico ham slices
- 4 burger buns
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- unsalted butter
- homemade mayonnaise
- In a bowl, marinate ground pork and ground beef adding one beaten egg, garlic salt and fresh ground black pepper, knead the meat with your hands for a few minutes, cover and reserve in the fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Shape the meat into 4 equal-size patties and brush them with olive oil.
- In a medium cast-iron skillet, cook the patties for 3 minutes on one side and flip to the other side and place the Manchego cheese slice on the top of the already cooked side.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet brush the buns with butter and place them, cut side down, over medium-high heat until nicely toasted, for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- In the same skillet place the iberico ham slices to warm them.
- Spread homemade mayonnaise onto the bottom half of each butter bun.
- Place fresh arugula, cheese melted burger patties and iberico ham on the top.
- Serve hot and enjoy.