Ajoblanco or “white gazpacho”, is a popular Spanish cold soup typical from Granada and Malaga. Ajoblanco traditionally is served on hot summer days, but it is also a great appetizer to start the celebrations, not only during summer season.
- 3 cups mineral or filtered water
- 7 ounces blanched almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 ounces white bread, torn into small pieces
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 seedless grapes, peeled
- 1oz iberico ham
- Mix almonds, garlic and salt in a food processor and blend.
- Add bread, 1/2 cup of water, vinegar and blend until very smooth.
- Add remaining water, with the blender still running, add oil and blend until soup is emulsified.
- Transfer soup to a sealed container and refrigerate until very well chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Cut up grapes, jamon and almonds into smaller pieces for sprinkling.
- Serve soup in small glasses or cups and sprinkle on top grapes, jamon and almonds.
- Sale Buy 2 Get 3
- Spanish Sweets
- Whole Bone-In Hams
- Whole Boneless Ham
- Gift Boxes
- More from Spain
- Other Products
appetizer arugula asparagus Asturias beans Breakfast Cheese chistorra Chorizo Iberico cockles Compango Fabada Figs gulas Ham hand carving Iberico Iberico Ham Jamon Jamon Serrano Manchego Cheese menu pincho pine nuts recipe Salad Salmorejo Sampler Serrano Ham Slicing Spain Sweepstakes Tapas vacuum packed