If you are looking to serve a special dinner to friends or family, there is nothing better than a well prepared seafood dish. But what about trying something new? Take a look at this recipe which we are sure you will love!
Scallops aren’t only delicious and nutritious, but also incredibly fast to cook. This recipe is perfect for a fall days and can be served as a main course or as an appetizer.
- 12 Scallops (3 for server)
- 1 Potato
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Olive oil
- Iberico Ham
- Alfalfa sprouts
1. Peel and cube the potatoes.
2. In a large pot, place the potato cubes and add water; heat to boiling on medium/high heat. Let the potatoes boil for ten minutes.
3. Add the milk, nutmeg, pepper and salt and bring this back to a boil and cook until the potatoes are soft.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and use a blender or food processor to whip the potatoes until creamy, and put aside.
1.Roll the scallops in breadcrumbs.
2. Put olive oil in a large skillet on medium/high.
3. Add the scallops to the skillet for 3-4 minutes and turn once to sear the other side; remove from heat.
4. Spoon the cream potatoes on to the serving plate and place the scallops on top.
5. Finally top the scallops with thinly chopped Iberico Ham and finish with alfalfa sprouts.