This recipe reminds me a bar called “Taberna el Almendro” in Madrid, Spain. The Taberna is located in the Cava Baja, at La Latina neighborhood, that is one of the most charming areas in Madrid.
For the Bread
- 500 grams bread flour (about 4 cups)
- 13 grams salt (about 2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 5 grams fresh cake yeast (about 1 packed teaspoon), crumbled
- All-purpose flour (for dusting)
For the content
- 6 Pork loin marinated fillets
- 3 thick slices Manchego Cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together the yeast with warm water, set aside until the yeast is foamy and activated, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix bread flour and salt and add the water and yeast mixture, and using a wooden spoon mix everything (you will have to finish by hand because it gets a little hard to mix near the end with the wooden spoon) until the flour is incorporated with the water.
- Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and leave it somewhere undisturbed for about 2 and half hours, until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased surface, and form it into a Doughnut. Place on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and let rise for about 30min.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Uncover the loaf, and slash it across the top with serrated or very sharp knife.
- Bake the bread for 15minutes, (then you finish cooking it with the ingredients for 5 min more)
- Heat oil in wok or frying-pan. Cook pork fillets until both sides are slightly brown.
- Split the bread donut, place pork fillets and manchego cheese on bread doughnut bottom and add the bread top.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until warm throughout and the cheese is melted.
- Sale Buy 2 Get 3
- Christmas Sweets
- Whole Bone-In Hams
- Whole Boneless Ham
- Gift Boxes
- More from Spain
- Other Products
appetizer arugula asparagus Asturias beans Breakfast Cheese chistorra Chorizo Iberico cockles Compango Fabada Figs gulas Ham hand carving Iberico Iberico Ham Jamon Jamon Serrano Manchego Cheese menu pincho pine nuts recipe Salad Salmorejo Sampler Serrano Ham Slicing Spain Sweepstakes Tapas vacuum packed