- Size – Approximately 14.10-15.20 0z/400-430 gr
- Age 3 months
- Raw sheep’s milk
Spanish D.O. (Denominacion de Origen), Idiazabal is a processed cheese made from unpasteurized sheep milk, usually from sheep in the Basque Country and Navarre, Spain.
It has a somewhat smokey flavor, but is usually un-smoked.
The cheese is handmade and covered in a hard, dark brown, inedible rind. It is aged for a few months and develops a nutty, buttery flavor, eaten fresh, often with quince jam. If aged longer, it becomes firm, dry and sharp and can be used for grating.
- Keep it in a cool, dry place between 4º and 8º C (you can use the lower part of your refrigerator).
- Serve it at room temperature.
- After cutting the cheese, store it immediately in the refrigerator in a hermetically sealed plastic container along with a piece of dry bread. The bread will absorb moisture and protect the cheese from mold and excessive drying. Replace the bread when it is covered with mold.
- I like to build cheese platters with a variety of Spanish Cheeses as Manchego Cheese and Idiazabal Cheese, Iberico or Serrano ham, Chorizo or Spanish olives.
SPECIAL CARE ITEM
Packed cold for freshness with ice packs and a cooler or insulated foil bag. Expedited shipping should be selected by Customer for more than 2 business days of shipping time.
|Dimensions||7 × 7 × 7 in|
You may also like…
- Gifts & Samplers
- More from Spain
- Other Products
- Whole Bone-In Hams
- Whole Boneless Ham