Enjoy the cozy winter with this typical dish from Spain. Potaje de Garbanzos is one of those dishes that remind me my grandma. Enjoy it with a good crianza wine from one of our regions.
Cooked chickpeas with butifarra sausage combine exotic flavors that delight lunches in cold winter seasons. Since long time ago, the consumption of chickpeas has accounted for its deliciousness and health benefits. In this recipe, the combination with a butifarra sausage with an intense flavor such as sausage proposes a very attractive dish, worthy of the best chefs. It is ideal for a good lunch, to entertain select guests who share the good taste of food. In Spain it has many followers due to its extraordinary flavor.
The fiber in chickpeas promotes the regularity of the digestive system. Its consumption keeps the levels of sugar and cholesterol in tune. In its composition there are minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium, as well as vitamins B and C and folic acid. Butifarra contains iron, calcium, potassium, iodine, zinc, magnesium and sodium. It is also rich in protein and vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K.
Let’s see what we need for this recipe.
How to prepare chickpeas cooked with sausage:
- The night before we’ll leave the chickpeas in salted water. If you forgot it, no worries, use one of those chickpeas cans.
- The next day, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a big frying pan.
- Chop the garlic in very small pieces and sauté. When the garlic starts to “dance”, add the onions and the bay leaf. We will gently sauté.
- Once the onion is transparent, add the Butifarra Catalana in thick slices (a quarter of inch/half cm) and sauté them for 5 minutes or until color is brownish.
- Add the chickpeas and the red pepper in juliana (thin strips). Add water or veggies stock until everything is covered. Add salt.
- Cook for 1 hour, or until the chickpeas are fully cooked.
- Serving hot and share a green salad.
Chickpeas cooked with butifarra sausage have an exquisite flavor. It is a very easy to prepare and very nutritious recipe. The quality of the ingredients offers a dish worthy of the best palates, which also provides considerable benefits and essential nutrients for our body.!!
- Whole Bone-In Hams
- Whole Boneless Ham
- Gifts & Samplers
- More from Spain
- Other Products