Butternut Squash Soup with Sage & Iberico Ham, my favorite fall soup!!! Creamy, flavorful and ready in about 30 minutes, it’s easy to make and perfect for meal prep. It’s the ultimate Fall comfort food.
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 5–6 cups/800 g)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 4 Slices of Iberico Ham (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Picualia Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a soup pot to medium heat, add the olive oil, the garlic and cook for 1 minute until the garlic gets a nice color. Then add the onions and cook until tender and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the squash, stir and add the vegetable broth, add a pinch of salt.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes, until the squash is fork-tender.
Mianwhile, cook the Iberico Ham until crispy.
- Carefully use a regular or an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Then serve and garnish with the Iberico Ham, sage and thyme and enjoy!
- Sale Buy 2 Get 3
- Spanish Sweets
- Whole Bone-In Hams
- Whole Boneless Ham
- Gift Boxes
- More from Spain
- Other Products