Butternut Squash Soup with Sage & Iberico Ham, my favorite fall soup!!! Creamy, flavorful and ready in about 30 minutes, it’s easy to make and perfect for meal prep. It’s the ultimate Fall comfort food.
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 5–6 cups/800 g)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 4 Slices of Iberico Ham (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Picualia Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a soup pot to medium heat, add the olive oil, the garlic and cook for 1 minute until the garlic gets a nice color. Then add the onions and cook until tender and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the squash, stir and add the vegetable broth, add a pinch of salt.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes, until the squash is fork-tender.
Mianwhile, cook the Iberico Ham until crispy.
- Carefully use a regular or an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Then serve and garnish with the Iberico Ham, sage and thyme and enjoy!
- Sale Buy 2 Get 3
- Spanish Sweets
- Whole Bone-In Hams
- Whole Boneless Ham
- Gift Boxes
- More from Spain
- Other Products
appetizer arugula asparagus Asturias beans Breakfast Cheese chistorra Chorizo Iberico cockles Compango Fabada Figs gulas Ham hand carving Iberico Iberico Ham Jamon Jamon Serrano Manchego Cheese menu pincho pine nuts recipe Salad Salmorejo Sampler Serrano Ham Slicing Spain Sweepstakes Tapas vacuum packed