Baked rice is a typical dish of the Valencian Community. It is made in earthenware casserole and is cooked as its name indicates in the oven. By the container that is used in some places of the Valencian Community receives casserole name.
- 300gr Bomba Rice
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 600ml Chicken Broth
- 4 Pork Ribs (cut half)
- 4 Bacon Slices in pieces
- 1 Potato
- 1 Tomato
- 3 Tspn tomato paste sauce
- 2 Black Sausage
- 1 Bulb of Garlic
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Tsp Olive Oil
Using the casserole
- Cut the two garlic cloves in slices and fry them with Olive Oil. Once are brown cut the onion and fry it with the garlic. Reduce the temperature to fry the onion slower.
- Once the onion is soft, put the tomato paste and fry during 4 minutes. After that, incorporate a pinch of saffron.
- Now put the rice and mix it during 4 or 5 minutes and incorporate the broth and the chickpeas. High the heat until boil and then lower to medium heat.
- Cut the ribs in half, season them and put them in another frying pan with oil. Reserve in a plate. Cut the bacon into small pieces and add in the same pan. Reserve it with the ribs. Add the sausages and fry them just a little. Reserve them.
- Add the Ribs and the bacon to the casserole. Distribute well in the casserole and add the black sausage.
- Fry the potato slices previously to be added with the tomato in slices. Just put them on top of the casserole as it was the lid of the casserole. Place the garlic bulb in the middle.
- Place the clay casserole in the oven at 430ºF/220ºC for 20 minutes.
- Cover it for 4 or 5 minutes out the oven.
- And enjoy it.